Saturday, February 5, 2011

Pancakes

Saturday morning is usually our Pancake morning.
My kids love them.
I have a great pancake recipe, that I have modified, to try and make them more healthy.
(Altho, smothering them with choke cherry syrup cancels out every ounce of healthiness - is that a word?).
Anyway, the point is that I'm trying to make them better for us.
So today, I woke up to Matt making our Saturday breakfast. And in 5 minutes, he canceled out every healthy aspect of this breakfast.

First he added chocolate chips.

Next he made them super-super-super sized.


And third- see that "juice" in the cup? Well, that's not juice, its Kool-Aid!!! Who makes Kool-Aid for breakfast?? (Really who uses Kool-Aid for anything but Kool-Aid popcorn??)




Oh well, the kids loved every single bite! I guess that's all that matters sometimes.
Thanks for breakfast Matt!!

6 comments:

  1. haha, love how proud matt looks! for the amount of pancakes that your kids usually eat it might be smart to just make super sized ones, then you would only have to give them one. I love the kool aid for breakfast. were they on a sugar high all day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i remember every single time i slept over at tiffany's her mom would make HUGE pancakes for breakfast! it would literally be heaping over the sides of the plate. that's what that reminded me of.

    and i haven't heard of anyone actually drinking kool aid in so long. i bet it was sugary deliciousness.

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha matt is seriously proud as punch about his breakfast skills! you are so lucky to have a husb that cooks for you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shannon, I made Grandma's Kool-aid popcorn last week! I have a huge bucket full still and we have eaten so much! I will mail you the rest, since I know you were missing it this Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. hahahaha matt does look proud as punch! cute! and i am SO craving pancakes now!!!

    ReplyDelete