Sunday, January 30, 2011

No Screens Update

Just wanted to let you all know how we're doing with our no TV/Screen watching this month. In one word - AWESOME!!!

Seriously we should have done this ages ago! I was worried that I wouldn't be able to accomplish anything with out my TV babysitter. But my kids have gotten along 100% better during the past 2 weeks, then they have in ages. They have played with their toys again. We have played games together as a family. We have read books again. Its been great.

I do have to admit that on Friday, Chase stayed home sick from school, and Spenc. and Mar. weren't feeling great either, so I did let them watch TV. (quite a bit of TV). But in my defense, we did make the rule that Friday was our movie night...

I did cheat one other day, and let Marlie and Spencer watch a movie one morning, after I had been up all night with Nixon, cleaning up puke.

So overall, I think this experiment is a smashing success! 2 weeks left.

And to all of you who made comments to me about the computer being a screen.... zip it!

Oh and on Friday night (for my movie night), I found an addiction. For any of you with Netflix, please, please check out the TV series Survivors. I promise that it is the best show Ive ever seen. If you don't have Netflix, find some way to watch it.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you. and jealous. I need to get inspired and do it too. Any more mysterious playstation episodes???

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man that is impressive, nice work!! I don't know how Madilyn would handle that, I want to try though! And I agree with your computer NOT counting as a screen, I use it for everything!!

    ReplyDelete