Saturday, January 8, 2011

New House!

On Dec 14 we were FINALLY able to move into our new house. I feel that I was mostly patient for this move to come. For those of you who don't know, last Feb. I was supposed to move into a new house, we were living in a tiny rental while we were building, and 3 weeks before our move in day, Matt sold the house!! This was good for our business, and it really sucked for me. So we moved into a different rental house, and started the whole building process over again! Because Matt is the contractor, our house was on the bottom of the priority list, and now almost a year later, we have finally moved in!

I don't have a picture of the front of the house, because I'm too lazy to go outside and take a picture, but here's some shots of the inside. This is our living room, looking down the stairs. Upstairs we have 2 bedrooms, and a bathroom. all of our boys sleep up there.

Looking up the stairs. the front door is to the left. (it still needs to be painted). And to the left of the front door is the office, and to the right is a bathroom, and laundry room.

Here's a shot of the en suite. No tub, just a big shower. I love it!


Here are 2 kitchen shots. I LOVE the dark cupboards! Our cabinet maker does such a great job. After being in two small rentals, I feel like I'm living in a mansion! The kids all love being here, except the fact that I'm trying really hard to keep the house clean, and that means more work for them!

Just one funny story. Like I said, all my boys are upstairs, and there is a bathroom up there. So one day, Spencer was playing downstairs, and I saw him run up to the main floor, and then he kept going at top speed to the upstairs.
Me: Where are you going in such a hurry?
Spencer: To the bathroom!
Me: do you know there is a bathroom down stairs?
Spencer: What? (in shock) Where?
So I told him where the bathroom was. I thought that was really funny. Then about a week later, the kids were all playing outside, and Spencer had to go to the bathroom again. So he went inside to take care of business. I came in a bit later, and saw him coming down the stairs again.
Me: What are you doing?
Spencer: Going to the bathroom
Me: Spencer I want to show you something. I then walked him to the main floor bathroom that is 3 feet from the front door, and said: Did you know that we had a bathroom right here?
Spencer: (in complete shock) No!!
Looks like next time we move, I'll need to give all the kids a tour of the house after we move in!
We still have pictures to hang, and a few random boxes to unpack- that I am avoiding! But it feels so good to have space again, and to actually have access to all my stuff that has been in storage for the past year and a half. Thanks again Meg for letting us use your garage for so long!

8 comments:

  1. i love your new house!
    and love that story about spencer! haha

    ReplyDelete
  2. i LOVE those stools in the kitchen!!! seriously beautiful house, shan. i can't wait to visit!
    and spencer is bloody hilarious. i can hardly stand it.
    holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahahahahah what a fun life Spencer has!!!
    The house looks incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is pretty funny. I think a tour of your own house is a good idea. I thought Matt was an accountant for some reason. Guess I was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  5. ha ha ha...What a great story about Spencer! And what a gorgeous house you have!!! So glad you get to stay put for a while!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great paint colour! It looks so familiar...

    ReplyDelete