Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Fresh Bread

Most of you know that I grew up right next door to my Grandma and Grandpa Gibb. I have tons of memories with them. One of them is Grandmas homemade brown bread. When I was a kid, I definitely would have rather Grandma make white bread, but now I can appreciate her delicious brown bread.

Today it is really cold and snowy. Its a comfort food kind of day. So I thought I'd try and make Grandmas bread. My loaves don't look as perfect as Grandmas did, but I think they taste pretty close.

Of course after I took them out of the oven, I had to quickly put some butter, and honey on it, and eat it just how Grandpa use to!

Thanks Grandma for the recipe, and the memories!


8 comments:

  1. Fresh bread with butter and honey sounds amazing right now. I may or may not be salivating...

    ReplyDelete
  2. that. looks. amazing. right now. please send me a loaf or two!
    and brett - you have a bosche now - you can make yourself some!

    ReplyDelete
  3. um les, is brett short for brette? haha
    and yes, i will have to attempt bread now! just as soon as i get me some bread pans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gosh what i would give to have the ability to bake. those loaves look incredible!! i need that recipe.

    and SHANNON, YOUR HOUSE!!!!! you guys are freaking high rollers, it looks beautiful!!!! we're so happy for you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am definitely salivating right now...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Please don't talk about bread right now... seriously. You are a perfect mom, and I don't know your grandma, but right now I love her too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Shannon,
    I'm looking for a good brown bread recipe. Will you send it to me? By the way...those loaves look DELICIOUS! Baking sounds like a really good idea today!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i still eat bread. and i need a good recipe!!! please send it to me!

    ReplyDelete