Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Spencer's Birthday

On December 21, Spencer turned 5 years old! Every year I feel a little sorry for Spenc, because his b-day is so close to Christmas, and we are always busy doing a million other things. This year I was smart, and had a party for Spenc in November. We rented the swimming pool, invited all his little friends, and swam our little hearts out! Of course I didn't take any pictures, but we had a really good time. The only problem with celebrating a month early, is that for the whole month of November, Spencer thought he was all ready 5. I think on his real b-day in Dec, he was a bit confused as to why he got more presents!

When I was pregnant with Spencer, because it was so close to Christmas, I really felt a connection to Mary. I could imagine her being pregnant with little baby Jesus, and how hard it would have been to have a baby so far away from family and friends. For that reason alone, I am happy to have a Christmas baby.

Spencer has brought so much happiness into our home. Here's a little FYI on Spencer:

  • He is wild, and crazy.
  • He gets into mischief.
  • He has one of those smiles that makes me smile.
  • He loves to play outside- unless he is aloud to play video games.
  • He loves jumping on the tramp.
  • He loves to ride his bike, and learned to ride a two wheeler this summer.
  • He loves to swim. At Gmas cabin he is always the first one to jump off the dock, and the last one to leave.
  • He started pre-school this year, and loves every second of it.
  • He is very stubborn.
  • He loves his dad. Spencer loves to help dad work, and is always so sad when hes not aloud to go. He also loves and looks up to his big brother Chase.
  • He still sucks his thumb faithfully! Hopefully this year we will break that habit.



Spencer I love you, and I'm soo happy that you are a part of our family! Happy 5th Birthday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh, he is so sweet. Pretty sure he asked every ten minutes if he could play the Wii when he was here. Stubborn? No! I love him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love him too! He has the greatest smile!

    ReplyDelete
  3. he really is a wild child. love that kid and his huge smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha ha. he always makes me laugh. and i love your christmas story. you should write it down.
    holly

    ReplyDelete