Sunday, February 6, 2011

Day 1

Day 1 - Self portrait picture, and 15 interesting facts

I promise I looked through almost all of my pictures on my computer, and I don't have any pictures of just me. Maybe because I delete them all, because I look horrendous in them. So this is what you get for a self portrait, Matt and I.


1. I have been married for almost 12 years - (wow that's A Long Time!), and I have lived in 6 different towns/cities, and 10 different houses.

2. I hate flossing my teeth, but made a goal to do it more often. At my last dentist visit, I had a cavity between my two front teeth. Had I flossed more than 5 times a year, I would not have gotten it. - Remember your not aloud to judge me!

3. I love shopping for things for my house. Picture frames, furniture, anything that goes in a house, I love.

4. I really hate to put my face in the water. When I go swimming I have to plug my nose if I go under. Brette, I promise I wrote this before you put that hideous picture on facebook, and all those comments were made.

5. My calling in the church is the Primary Chorister. I love it! I absolutely love it when the parents come up to me and tell me that their kids love singing time, and I love to hear my kids singing the songs that I teach them in Primary.

6. I haven't bought a new pair of jeans in 5 years. OK that's a lie, I bought a pair over Christmas with my sis-in-law. But I think I need to loose a few more pounds before I wear them. I don't like clothes shopping, because I have no idea whats "cool" anymore. I would love it if someone would take me shopping and say, "buy this, it looks great on you".

7. I love eating out in a restaurant. I hardly ever do it, and can probably count the number of times we eat out a year, on one hand. There is nothing like just telling someone what you want to eat, and have them make it for you, and do the dishes afterward.

8. I do the bookwork for Matt's two company's. I act like its a pain, and I hate it. But secretly, I really don't mind it. I like knowing where all the money is spent, and being able to put my two bits in. I think its important for the wife to be a part of their husbands work. I only wish that I got paid to for it!

9. One day I want to be an aerobics instructor. I love step aerobics. I haven't gone to the gym in about 7 years, but I use to go, and loved every second of step aerobics. When I don't have to pay for so many kids to go to the gyms childcare, I'll start going again. Until then, I'll do videos at home...

10. I hate technology. I'm not big into cell phones, computers, or anything like that. If you get a cool new gadget, don't bother to show me, because I really wont care about it.

11. I love to read. I wish that I didn't feel like I was waisting time when I read. One of my favorite memories is when I was pregnant with Nixon, one afternoon I put my little kids down for a nap. I knew that I had about 2 hours of quiet. I popped myself a big bowl of popcorn, and curled up on the couch to read. I was mortified when Matt happened to come home and "catch" me reading in the middle of the day. I was so happy when he just laughed at me, and didn't make me feel guilty for slacking.

12. I have 5 kids. I love them like crazy. I love watching them grow, and learn new things. I like doing things together as a family, bike rides, walks, playing at the park. Anything together is fun!


13. I hate being early for anything! I like to be "fashionably late". I also hate to be the first to leave anywhere. I don't want to feel like I'm missing out of anything.

14. I hate thinking that someone doesn't like me.


15. I like to feel like I'm prepared for things. If I'm ever on a long drive by myself, I like to make plans. Like how I would spend my money if I won the lottery. Or what I would do with my life if Matt died- that might seem weird, but it makes me feel like I would have an action plan if something terrible happened.

5 comments:

  1. Shannon! Wear the jeans! I wear mine almost every day. Matt told me I needed to expand my wardrobe...

    ReplyDelete
  2. shannon i have a feeling i am really going to like this next 15 days. haha i love that you had a cavity between your 2 front teeth haha! i cant believe you have lived in 10 different houses in 12 years! i will gladly go shopping and tell yo what to buy...nothing better than spending someone elses money. and cut yourself some slack and read a book every now and then - you deserve it! and that seems like a mom thing - to make action plans for unforseen events...haha

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm excited about you lists too! definetly agree about the flossing, hate it too, maybe I need to get a cavity in between my front teeth to teach me a lesson too. Maybe all us sisters need to go shopping together cause I need some fashion help too, and I'm pretty sure you get the planning thing from mom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. lets go shopping.
    i love this! i want to do it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally plan for Aaron's death. I love doing things like that!!!
    And reading is NOT slacking. It is recharging your batteries. Don't feel guilty!!!

    ReplyDelete