Monday, February 21, 2011

Day 12

Day 12 - What You Believe

I believe a lot of things, like if you eat a lot of junk food you will gain weight.

And even if you work really hard, and love your job, your not guaranteed to be a millionaire.

I also believe that we were sent to this earth for a purpose. And that purpose is to learn, and grow. I believe that we will face challenges, and I take comfort in knowing that we will not be given any challenge that we can not overcome.

I believe that we have the opportunity to live together as families after we die. And knowing this makes me try harder, every day to do the things that I need to do to have that blessing.

I believe that my husband loves me.

I believe that we have a living prophet on this earth, to help and direct us.

I believe that our Heavenly Father loves us all. And that he has a plan for each of us. I was taught this a couple weeks ago from a missionary serving in our ward. His hometown, is about 5 hours away from where he got called to serve his mission. When I found out where he was from, I teased him, and asked if he was disappointed to serve so close to home. He laughed along with me, but a couple weeks later, when this came up again, he quietly said that he knew why he was sent to serve in central Alberta. I asked why, and he told me that his mom was in an accident a few months ago, and was killed. And because he was serving so close to home, he was able to go home to the funeral. When he told me that story, tears came to my eyes, and I was reminded that Heavenly Father knows all. And even if we don't understand why certain things are happening in our lives, they are happening for a reason. And I'm trying harder, not to say why is this happening, but what can I learn from each experience that I have.

1 comment: