Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Census

When building a house, there are a LOT of extra things that need to be done.  One thing that I am dying for is grass.  My yard is dirt.  Lots of dirt.  But when the snow was melting that dirt was MUD.  I promise that I am so sick and tired of vacuuming my floor, and washing muddy clothes.  One day Spencer had a friend over, and of all the places to play, they chose the big dirt hills, and came in covered head to toe in mud.  I had to throw them both into the shower.  Then the same thing happened the next day.  So we now have a rule in our house that you are not aloud in the mud.

Anyway, back to the sod.

In order to get sod ASAP, we need extra money, and to get that, I have been doing census.  First I did it for our town, and now I'm doing it for the government.  It really is kind of fun.  I get to go out on my own, walk around town, meet people, see where people live, and also peek into a lot of peoples houses.  Its not hard, and I'm happy to say that it will pay for our sod.

So, if anyone wants to volunteer to lay the sod, I'll get you the details.  I promise that it will be lots of fun...

3 comments:

  1. I also thought this would be perfect. I could take my kids and like you said go for walks. have fun

    ReplyDelete
  2. Let us know! We'd love to come for a sod party. Aaron especially!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll definitely volunteer Jared for this one.

    ReplyDelete