Saturday, May 14, 2011

Chicken Pox

For some reason, we had the great idea not to vaccinate our kids for the chicken pox.  We knew they would eventually get it, and would survive.  What we didn't know, was that 4 of our 5 kids would get it at the same time...  Needless to say its been a LONG week.

Spencer got spots first, and we thought he looked soo bad.  Here he is at his worst.  I promise the pictures don't do it justice.



Marlie got spots next.  For about 3 days straight, my TV was on.  I'm talking 12 hours a day!  Marlie was pretty tuff.  Didn't complain too much.  Thank goodness for that thumb!


She got her spots the worst on her stomach.  I took off her shirt, and gagged.  She looked like she had a major skin disease.  It was soo nasty!


Kadie got the spots next.  She was doing really good, then woke up one morning to spots all over her face.  She looked like a hormonal teenager.  Shes sticking out her tongue here to show her pock on her tongue.  She even got them down her throat.





Chase was the lucky one, he had about 3 on his face, and 10 on his stomach.  it wasn't even worth taking a picture of.

My kids stayed home from school all week, and watched TV.  There were a lot of tears, and fighting.  I'm soo happy that last week is over!  Nixon never got it, but I expectt that a week from now, He'll start showing signs.

Here's my sick little kids:



10 comments:

  1. That is nasty! Reminds me of when I had them.
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  2. shannon i can honestly say i have never in my life seen anything worse than this! that is horrible! your poor kids! poor you having to tend to 4 sick kids! and they were down kadies throat!? sad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love it!!! Sorry about sending those your way. Marlie looks as bad as Silas did. Sad. Thank goodness for TV sometimes, eh? I hope Nixon gets a mild case.

    ReplyDelete
  4. but they're such cute sicklings! sad for kadie down her throat...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brutal Shannon! Glad you survived! Just think...you NEVER have to do that EVER again! (well...at least with the Chicken Pox).

    ReplyDelete
  6. BUT you got to have FUN visitors because of it!
    Poor kids, at least it's done. Stock up on Benadryl for Nix!

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my gosh shannon, that is horrible!!! if pictures don't do it justice I would hate to see it in real life. this has definetly confirmed that I'm glad I got the vaccination! I'm glad they are feeling better and hopefully nixon gets a mild case like chase.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LIKE HER TONGUE, LIKE TO PUT MY DICK IN HER MOUTH, CUM DEEP DOWN HER THROAT.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hate people like you. She is only a kid! Leave her alone!

      Delete