Monday, May 9, 2011

Easter Parties

This year Easter was soo fun!  I love going to HillSpring for Easter, but we weren't able to do that this year.  Instead we had our own fun in B.F.

My friend Shyla was having a family Easter party at her moms house in Calgary on Good Friday.  Do we know her family?  Nope.  But that didn't stop us from going to their party!  It was soo fun.  They do an Easter party ever year, and there were probably 30 kids there, (5 of them were mine!).  Early that morning all of Shylas brothers and sisters hid plastic Easter eggs filled with candy, then at noon we got to go and find them.  Her parents live on an acreage, so there were lots of fun hiding spots.  The kids had a blast finding the eggs. 


Here is a picture of half of the eggs that they have.  I promise there is a whole other bin just as big as this one chuck full of eggs!!


After that we had a potluck lunch, then because the kids didn't get enough candy during the egg hunt- each of my kids only got a brown paper lunch bag full of candy- they had this box full of more candy!


And they just threw it in hand fulls at the kids, and it was a mad dash to collect more! (I promise I want to do this at the 1st!!)

Here's a pic. of the kids scrambling to get every last mini egg.


This party was really fun, and I'm happy that we went and hung out with complete strangers for the day!

Then on Monday, most of Matt's sisters and their family's came to BF to have a family Easter party.  Matt and I discovered a great little school, just outside of town.  There is the perfect egg rolling hill there.  I promise that egg rolling is one of my favorite Easter traditions!



After that, we did another egg hunt - great more candy!  I don't think Spencer could look any prouder. 


We ate boiled hot dogs, yum, and just hung out there all afternoon.  It was a really fun day, and I'm happy that they all could come up for it!!  I have to admit that the highlight was when all the boys (kids and adults) took off their shirts to play baseball cuz it was just soo hot (12 degrees).  Thanks for the Easter fun!

4 comments:

  1. shannon chase looks so grown up in that pic of him! i love spencer rolling his egg a foot in front of his feet! that easter egg party sounds like so much fun! and your in laws are way better than your own family since they went to visit you...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was such a fun day!!! And I know you are really talking about Aaron taking his shirt off... Hahahahahahahaha
    Brette we had to boil them b/c there were no fire pits. It was nasty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why didn't anyone get a picture of the shirtless baseball game? It was fun. The boiled hotdogs were nast though, I agree. Not that that stopped me from eating one.

    ReplyDelete