Saturday, May 21, 2011

Running update

I'm sure that everyone is sitting on the edge of their seats, wondering how my training is going.  Today was my long run.  11 miles!

There is a nice back road from Blackfalds to Red Deer.  I thought that would be a good route for my run.  I told myself that I would go for 5.5 miles, and turn around.  Little did I know that the road I was running on was only 3 miles!  It seems so much farther on my bike!  So I had to keep going and ran around Red Deer, which was totally fine.  Red Deer has great running paths.  Around mile 6 my left ankle really started hurting, so I stopped and streached it, and walked for a couple mins.  I told myself to just keep going, and hoped that the pain would go away. 

When I finished my run my ankle was killing.  I stretched and went home.  Then Matt made me do yard work all day.  Our front yard is all ready for sod now!!  I'm so excited.  Too bad the back yard needs so much work still!

Anyway, I finally had a shower, and took off my shoes and socks, only to see the biggest blister I have ever had in my life on my foot.  I'm sure that's why my ankle hurt so bad, I was compensating for that blister!!
All in all it was a good run.  That little road was so beautiful, with all the trees growing new leaves, the farmers crops were just starting to poke threw.  I love spring!

Distance:  10.83 miles (I'm honestly so ticked that I was .17 miles off my 11 mile mark.  If I had realized that I would have made up the difference.) 
Time:  1:36:28
Avg Pace:  8:55
Longest Mile:  Mile 6 - 9:53 min/mile
Shortest Mile:  Mile 10 - 7:32 min/mile

I got a new app on my phone that gives me all these great stats!

3 comments:

  1. Shannon, that is seriously so awesome of a time! I thought your goal was 2:15? Why so long if you are running that fast?

    And also, I use to get blisters so bad, but not anymore! I wear toe socks on my long runs and have never had another blister. But not just any toe sock, get some from a specialty running store.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wait a minute! an app on your phone?? has shannon evans finally come to love the times??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just read the other comments and was going to also say what Brianne said. You really can run fast, that is great. R u on hills, because that is great timing. You will do great at your race. I ALWAYS got blisters at the beginning and did love the toe socks(because my blisters were pretty much on my toes, some on the sides of my feet), but I don't always use the toe socks. Good luck though.
    We also thought the same thing about Brianne with going with the times and upgrading her phone(or even having a phone). Good luck on the race!

    Also, love the sleeping situation with the kids, you are such a creative mom.

    ReplyDelete