Saturday, March 5, 2011

Book Review

When I was a kid, one book that I remember reading over and over, is Where the Red Fern Grows. I loved it!!

So for Christmas this year, I bought a copy and gave it to Kadie. I ranted, and raved, and told her how much I LOVED this book. She was sceptical.

After she finished all the other books she got for Christmas, she picked this one up and started to read it. Of course she loved it. One day after school she came upstairs, eyes puffy, and tears rolling down her cheeks. She told me that she finally finished the book. I remember bawling my eyes out after reading it too. So we had a moment, and talked about the book.

A while ago, I decided to read the book to Chase and Spencer before bed. We would read a little bit each night. Tonight was the night we finished. All I can say is that tears were shed, and noses blown. If you have never read this book, read it! It is amazing. But prepare yourself with some Kleenex near the end.

5 comments:

  1. i remember mr adams read that to us in school and he bawled at the end. of course none of us got into it because we were all just laughing at our teacher crying...maybe i should give it another chance?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha that totally was exactly what happen the very next year when he read it to us. Poor mr. adams having to live through that probably every single year.....
    kelsey

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think I've ever read that book. And mr Adams didn't read it to my class that I remember. But how could I forget the teacher bawling?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't read it in years, I'll have to pull it out!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't even read your post without having a tear in my eye!!!!!! McKenzie got the same book but for her Birthday in December. Same story at our house! So sad!

    ReplyDelete