Monday, March 28, 2011

Bad Hair Day

I have a hair stylist that I love!!  Her name is Kristen.  She is great.  Always gives me a good cut and color.  The only downside to her is that she is expensive.

So being the cheap-o that I am, I thought I would try and save some money.
There is a girl in my ward, I'll call her Jill (cuz that's her name), and she use to work in a salon, but now she just cuts hair occasionally out of her house.  For me to get a cut and color from her would be about half price of going to my regular girl.  So I thought what the heck, I'll give her a shot. 

Huge Mistake.

I can honestly say that I have never hated a hair cut this bad.  Ever.
I feel like I look like this girl:

Ecca

Ok, I don't have bangs, but I promise its just as ugly.
The color is TERRIBLE.  One side of my hair is waay shorter than the other side.  And the short side looks like she took an ax to it, and just swung at my head.

So here's the question.  What do I do? 

Do I go back to Jill and have her try and fix it?
Do I suck it up and just leave it, and hope it grows out quickly?
Or do I crawl back to the Kristen, and beg her to take me back and fix it?

I know you will all say to go back to Kristen, but that means that I have to pay her to fix it.  In that case, I'll be paying more for this dumb cut than I would have if I'd have just gone to Kristen in the first place.  And if I get Kristen to fix this hair disaster, what do I say to Jill when I see her next? 

I feel like if you pay money for a haircut, you should love it in the end.  Not hate looking in the mirror. 

So I need everyones opinion, What do I do??

12 comments:

  1. First, you hope that Jill never reads your blog! :) I'm cheap too, so I would go back to Jill and have her fix it..but that's risky, too! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too hope That Jill doesn't read your blog. Haha
    But I'd probably go back and hav her fix it.
    Please post a picture!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have Jill fix it. And by the way who is that picture of?
    MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. go to jennifer in calgary. she does it for free if you drop dad's name and that you're his favourite daughter in law...

    ReplyDelete
  5. First please post the real pic... and then I think you should just rock it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really hurt my feelings. I wish you would have told me you didn't like it instead of faking it.

    Jill

    ReplyDelete
  7. hahah, please bless that last comment really wasent from jill.
    i seriously doubt that she would read this....
    i hope...

    ReplyDelete
  8. shannon. please delete the post. if that wasnt the real jill, she will most likely find your blog...

    but get her to fix the colour at least. i doubt she will be able to fix the cut so just rock that mullet! and in case you didnt know it is totally cool to have hair shorter on one side! you are just in with the times now!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh les that's a good idea! Have her fix the colour then ask her to exaggerate the asymmetrical look! i like it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. hahahahahhahahahahahahahahahah i want to see it so bad. and I sure hope that the real jill read this, though given their history, i'll guess one of your sisters did it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh My!!! You've got to get it fixed! It reminds me of a hair cut that Amy Smith, and Renee Draper had back in the day when it was actually in style. Either that or they may have went to a home town hairdresser..... I'd probably give Jill another chance.
    Tanya

    ReplyDelete
  12. So, what did you do??? Besides stop posting on your blog...

    ReplyDelete