Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Results Are In

I know that all of you have been sitting by your computers all day, waiting to hear how my longest run ever went.  And I'm here to tell you that I survived, and it went just fine. 

Was I bored?  Yes I was. 
Do I wish it was 10 times warmer outside so I didn't have to run on my  treadmill?  Yes I do.
Did I read about 10 conference talks while I ran?  No, only 9.
Am I proud of myself?  Yes I am.

I ran 9 miles today in 81 minutes, and burned off 1130 calories!  That works out to about a 9 minute mile.  For me, that's a decent time.  So for my half, I just need to run 4 more miles than I did today...  Yikes.

Tracie told me that one of her friends thinks about a different person for each mile she runs.  Trac, I tried that.  I started with you, and it lasted for about 1 minute.  Then I tried Matt, it lasted about 2 minutes.  Then I just decided to just turn on my music.  I promise that worked A LOT better for me!  I was especially happy when Footloose came on!

Anyway, I'll keep you all posted on my running adventures!

6 comments:

  1. Holy Smokes!!! That is fantastic Shannon!!!! Way to go!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sad you didn't think of me for a mile.
    but good job on running so far! i'm impressed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm seriously impressed. i want to be you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So not only do you run 9 miles, but you read conference talks while doing it? You are definitely my hero!
    You should have tried thinking about me. That would have easily taken you a few miles.

    ReplyDelete
  5. well I'm glad to hear that you started with me! I guess 9 minutes would be a long time to think of just one person. good job on 9 miles!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You ran 9 more miles than I did today. I went out to lunch and got a salad with more calories than a burger, then sat on my butt and watched movies with Eli. In other words, I'm impressed.

    ReplyDelete