Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Marlies B-day!

On Sunday it was Marlie's B-day.  She has been waiting for months for this special day!  The first of March she made a paper chain countdown, but that only lasted for a couple days until Nixon got ahold of it.  Everyday since then, she has asked "how many days till my birthday?".

Well the special day finally came!  Since her Birthday was on a Sunday, and church starts at 9am, the only celebrating that we got in that morning was the Lucky Charms that I bought for her b-day breakfast.  (Gma Evans was very disappointed in me that I'm not carrying on the tradition of birthday mush...) 

After church we opened presents, and made a b-day cake.  Marlie's favorite present was the two Kinder eggs that we gave her!  Later that evening, the Darby's and the Judd's came over for cake and ice cream.  It was a really fun evening.
 
Marlie turned 4 this year.  I seriously can not believe how fast time goes by!  It seems like only yesterday that she was a baby.  But now shes a big 4 year old!  I laughed at her today, at breakfast she said to me in her most serious voice, "Mom, it feels so good to be 4".  And later this morning, she said, "I can't wait to have a 4 year old bath."  Apparently things really change when you turn 4!

Here are a few facts about Marlie:
  • Marlie's best friend is her thumb!  She sucks it all the time!
  • Marlie can be the biggest sweet heart!  If your ever feeling sad, all you need is a hug from Mars and you will feel instantly better.
  • She loves to help me do any job.  Cleaning, cooking, babysitting.  Anything is fun if you do it together.
  • She is going to playschool next year, and can not wait to be a school kid like everyone else.

  • Marlie went into Sunbeams this year, and loves to sing.  Every song she learns in singing time she practices at home, and every week for FHE she loves to do  musical numbers for us!
  • Marlie loves to make phone calls.  Every day she wants to call someone.  It is usually her cousin Summer.  I laugh at the little conversations the two of them have.
  • Marlie has a very high pitched scream, and she knows how to use it!

I really do feel so blessed to have Marlie in our family.  Marlie I love you so much!

4 comments:

  1. happy b-day marlie!! oh and thanks for getting summer into talking on the phone. now it's all she wants to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy birthday marlie! i am so glad you broke the tradition of birthday mush! i would love to hear a conversation between marlie and summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i miss her. you should send her to visit me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Marlie. What a sweetheart.
    Does the birthday fairy put money in Lucky Charms too???

    ReplyDelete