Saturday, November 13, 2010

Halloween

This Halloween I didn't take one single picture of my kids in their costumes!! I'm not sure how that happened, but it did. So I want you to just imagine this:

Nixon was a bumblebee- no effort was put into his costume, and he was incredibly grumpy. He did not enjoy Halloween even for a second.
Marlie was a pink bunny- she was just as cute this year in that costume, as she was last year.
Spencer was a pumpkin- his costume was too small, but he insisted on wearing it, so i let him.
Chase was a pirate- he insisted on wearing his costume to piano lessons a couple days before Halloween and forgot his sword there. He was really disappointed when I wouldn't drive to Lacombe to get it for him.
Kadie was an artist- very easy costume to make, and it was cute too.

This year for Spencer's pre-school, I had to bring a vegetable snack for their Halloween party. I wanted to do something fun, so I looked online, and found this cute idea:

Its supposed to look like Medusa. I thought it was really cute. I didn't put too many veggies on her, because really, what 5 year old kid is going to eat carrot sticks when some other mom brought Halloween cupcakes? I was right, after his school, I saw that about 5 carrots were missing. Anyway I liked the idea, and will make it again.
(And don't worry, that Medusa head hasn't gone to waste. Sometimes she will show up laying on Matt's pillow before he goes to bed, or even snuggled up next to Matt in the morning. If anyone wants to borrow her, just let me know.)


3 comments:

  1. that does not surprise me one bit that you put that head in bed with matt. haha
    i love that we have to imagine the halloween costumes! i bet they were cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that you posted a picture of the vegetable head cause I couldn't visulize it. Turned out cute. I don't think matt will ever get tired of your little pranks so maybe you should keep doing them every night. haha. I love the birthday date post too. I was going to do one of those too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. am i the only on creeped out by the vegetable head?

    and i love the effort you put into hlloween this year! it will be a year the kids always remember.

    ReplyDelete