Saturday, November 13, 2010

Birthday Dates With Grandma Gibb

My mom has a fun little tradition where, instead of giving her grand kids birthday presents, she takes them on a birthday date. The idea is that she will get to spend some one-on-one time with each of her grand kids. Unfortunately we live 4 hours from grandma, and shes not willing to drive up just to take my kids out on a birthday date. Luckily my parents come to Red Deer once a year, every November to the Ag. Show. (That's agriculture show, -of course).

So while my dads having the time of his life looking, and dreaming of all the cool new farm things available, my mom takes my kids on their birthday dates.

This year she took Marlie out first. They went out for lunch at A&W. Then they went out for ice cream, at the gas station. Blackfalds doesn't have a whole lot to offer in the food department. They were only gone for an hour, but Marlie loved every single second of her birthday date. And she told me every single detail of what her and Grandma did.
After lunch, she dropped Marlie off, and picked up Kadie, Chase and Spencer. They got to go bowling. It sounds like they had some really competitive games, but it turned out that Kadie got first place. After bowling they went out for ice cream too.
I love the birthday date tradition! And I know that my kids love every single second of it too! Thanks mom!

2 comments:

  1. That is really fun. What good memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun tradition, I'm sure the kids look forward to it all the time. Your mom is great!
    I love the kids mess with the flour, and I'm sure that you absolutely loved cleaning it up!

    ReplyDelete