Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Cubs

Chase turned 8 in August. Now he's old enough to go to Cubs. If there was one thing in life that I knew absolutely nothing about it would be Cubs. Sure Weston went to Cubs, but do you think that I paid attention to anything he did? Definitly not.
Cubs, I have discovered, is the funnest little club that a boy could join. You get to do fun boy things, play dodge ball, get badges, and hang out with 20 other 8-10 year olds. This past week, Chase got invested- basically sworn into this cool club. He was super excited. Matt and I both came to watch. Here he is pledging his allegiance.
I really don't think that he could have been more proud. After, I went up to him, and said how excited and proud I was, and he was just grinning ear to ear, and said, "I just feel soo happy inside". It really was the cutest thing. Now notice the wolf head, does that kind of creep anyone else out??
These are Chases 2 other friends, Kenny, and Keegan. What a fun day!
Now we just need to keep working on those badges. He is pretty close to getting his first badge and I'm pretty sure he will be proud as punch when that happens.
Good job Chase!!

5 comments:

  1. that's so fun! i too know absolutely nothing about cubs. and yes, the wolf head is a little weird...

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh how fun! i love how excited you both are over cubs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I also knew nothing about cubs and it is SO cool. I love how "Boy" it is. Ben loves it too. We should work on a badge together!

    ReplyDelete
  4. pretty sure chase won't be the only one proud as punch!!! what a fun day! i know nothing about cubs either.

    ReplyDelete