Saturday, March 3, 2012

Photo Challenge

So obviously I have not blogged in quite a while!  I need a little motivation, so thanks to my sister Leslie, I now have a reason to blog again.
Last month she did a blogging photo challenge.  I think it was to help her blog more, and it also gave her a reason to take more pictures.  I need help in both areas, so Ive decided to copy her.
Here's how it works.  I'm given a list of things I need to take a picture of, and each day I take a picture, and blog about one thing on the list.  Easy right? 

So here it goes. 

Day 1  "Up"


Matt has challenged our kids to do push-ups, chin-ups, and sit-ups everyday.  Nixon thinks its really fun!


Day 2  "Fruit"


Yesterday we took the kids skiing.  Heres Spencer and Marlie eating some lunch.  I know that this isnt fruit, but it is what I had.

Alice organized a ski trip for some of her homeschooling friends, so we decided to tag along.  The kids had a blast.  I was only going to let Chase and Spencer ski, but Ali had an extra pass, so Marlie went as well. 




The kids had so much fun skiing, and they all did so great!

Kadie went on a ski trip yesterday with her school class.  She had to wake up early and be to the bus by 6am.  Matt and I both got up, to help her get ready, and before she left, I said we should just say a prayer.  This is something that I don't do as faithfully as I should.  So I said a quick prayer of safety, and asked that she would have a great day.

That evening I got a phone call from my friend Carrie, who Kadie was driving home with, and she said that they got into an accident.  The roads were icy, and the car in front of them started spinning, Carrie wasn't able to stop, and she T-boned the other car.  Both cars went into the ditch, and because there was so much snow in the ditches, they didn't roll.  Everyone was fine, nobody got hurt.

 When we talked about it after she got home, I told Kadie how greatful I was that we had said a prayer together that morning, and asked that she would be watched over and protected.  I was happy when she told me, that that was one of the first things she thought of after they crashed.

I am so greatful to know that Heavenly Father does watch over us, and Im greatful that both mine and Kadies testimonys of prayer were strengthened yesterday.

3 comments:

  1. i am so glad kadie was ok! that is so scary for a little girl to be in an accident! and i really want to watch little marlie ski! cutest thing ever i bet! and i need to get jake doing chin ups if he wants to ever compete against nix! SOOO glad you are doing the photo challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Car accidents are so scary! I'm glad for prayer too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you think of all the miracles that have happened in our family this year to do with car accidents. Dad protected when he was in his car accident this summer, Phoebe not even hurt when she got hit by a bus, and now Kadie safe from a T-bone accident,(even the word T-Bone sends shivers up my spine). I feel so blessed and grateful and Protected. It is easy to remember the things to be grateful for when miracles like this happen in our family.

    ReplyDelete