Friday, March 9, 2012

Day 9

Day 9 - "Red"

I think this photo challenge can be interpreted how ever I want. 
 So instead of "Red" for today, I'm doing "Read".

When we lived in Stettler we started reading the Book of Mormon together as a family.  Today, 4 years later, we finally finished!!!

Yes, it took us 4 years, but I am honestly so proud, and excited!

It was really special today as we read in Moroni, the challenge that he gives us to "ask if these things are true".  We talked a bit about that and why the Book of Mormon is so important to our church.  Matt and I were able to bear our testimonies to our kids.  I really felt the spirit with our family this morning.

I'm thankful that we are starting this tradition with our kids, to read the scriptures together.  And to have family prayer.  I truly believe that by doing these things our family will grow closer to each other.  And that all of our testimonies will grow.

I'm excited to start this book again.  I feel like now we are more consistent with our reading.  This year we started getting up early to read, instead of trying to read at night, and I'm amazed at how much better this works for us! 

 I love my family, and I love teaching them the gospel.  I love reading the scriptures, and then explaining to them what we just read.  I love it when they get into the stories, and they don't want to stop, because they want to see what is going to happen! 

I really do love the Book of Mormon.


Tonight we will enjoy the "fruits of our labours", by going to DQ for blizzards!!

2 comments:

  1. I took us 2 years. And we celebrated to. Good job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How have I missed your recent blogging revival?!?!? Seriously. Love it. Now I want more.

    ReplyDelete