Tuesday, October 12, 2010

The Perfect Stocking Stuffer

Does anyone get something in their Christmas stocking that is so completely wonderful? So wonderful in fact, that it was almost as if you put it there yourself? Sometimes Santa knows you just oh so well. Well my perfect stocking stuffer is this:
Yes, that's right its Toffifee.
I'm not really 100% sure how to pronounce it, but I LOVE it.
For those of you who aren't really sure what Toffifee is, this next picture describes it perfectly.

My mouth is watering right now.
Anyway, every year Santa puts a box of these chocolates in my stocking. And every year I put the box in my bed side table. I try my very hardest to forget that they are there. And sometimes I do forget about them. But when I happen to open that drawer, my mouth starts watering all over again, and I allow myself one, maybe two - and no more. Then I hide them away again.
Sadly, last week I finished the box. It took me 10 months, but one by one they got eaten, and now I'm counting down the days till Christmas, in hopes that Santa will bring me another box, to enjoy for another year.

6 comments:

  1. Holy crap! I'm impressed the box lasted 10 months! It literally would have lasted somewhere between 10 minutes and 10 days in my house

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha i am laughing at brettes comment! one year grandma romeril gave me a HUGE box of those for christmas. i did the exact same thing - savoured them all year.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jeff just barely discovered these little wonders from a friend who brought them back from Europe for us. He had never seen nor heard of them before so he was very excited when i told him you can buy them in Canada too. Now he can't stop talking about that day. I think that's exactly what will be in his stocking this year too although im very certain they will not last 10 months...maybe not even 10 mins....
    oh and les....are you sure grandma meant to give you those....maybe she mistook you for one of her grandsons.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahahaha Brette! I'm pretty sure I'd be around the 10 minute mark. Shan, you are incredible. And skinny.

    ReplyDelete
  5. They wouldn't have lasted 4 days in my house. I do like those too, but santa prefers giving lindor chocolates at my house.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you kidding me, these wouldn't last a day with me. These also are one of my must haves every time I go to Canada. I think that I have seen them down here once before but can't find them again(Dang). One Christmas my dear sweet little neice and nephew(Aubree and Taylor) got into mine and ate the whole entire thing. I was not too happy with them. Just thought you wanted to know that.
    Hopefully Santa will remember them for you this year!

    ReplyDelete