Thursday, September 9, 2010

Labour Day Weekend

We spent this Labour Day in HillSpring, one of my favorite places in the world! As usual, we had a lot of fun together with my family on the farm.

Here's Tracie being a good mom/aunt and reading the little kids a bedtime story.

One of the reasons I wanted to go down there was to make chokecherry syrup. I love that stuff, but don't really love making it. My mom helped me pick the berries, and then I made the syrup. I cant wait to eat it!
My mom has a great garden this year, and its a good thing too, I'm sure that we used up more of her produce than she wanted. She had lots of help with the picking.

Spencer, is very proud of his beans. If only he was as excited when it came time to eat them. Notice the wooden spoon in the cupboard. My mom was getting very frustrated with Nixon getting into the cupboards/water cooler.
Here's Matt teaching chase to use the shop equipment. This may or may not be a Christmas present in the making...

Matt saddled up Scotty, and the kids all went for a ride. Marlie loved it!
Great Gma and Gpa came out for a visit. I absolutely love my grandma, and I'm so sad that I cant see her more often. Kash was really excited to see her.


Of course my mom had new kittens. (There are always new kittens on the farm.) The kids spent a long time trying to catch them, and finally were successful!
The kids were looking for something to do on Saturday, so they decided to have a sword fight. We weren't sure about it, but they had a blast! Here's Chase and Briggs. Sword fighting is one of their favorite things to do, actually any kind of fighting is their favorite thing to do!
Here they all are with their swords, ready for a good fight.
Then we thought it would be fun to go to the "Waterfall". The waterfall is where we use to go with our cousins (the waterwolves). I think it is more fun to go there now than it was when I was a kid. Our kids had a blast there. Here's Marlie and Summer looking cute as ever.
Gma looks a little crazy here.
It was a chilly day, but that didn't stop these boys from getting wet, and as soon as one kid gets wet they all do.


Even Nixon loved the water.
All in all it was a really fun weekend. I'm so happy that we have such a beautiful place to go and visit. I love watching my kids play with their cousins, and love that they all have so much fun together.

5 comments:

  1. I'm coming up for pancakes and some of that chokecherry syrup. I love your mom's chokecherry syrup too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love spence and the beans!
    and do you love me enough to give me some syrup????? please?????

    ReplyDelete
  3. good idea with the wooden spoon! spencer has never in his life looked happier than with his bowl full of beans. love the sword fight - once again spencer looks like he has his game face one, love the waterfall (and the waterwolves) it looks like you guys had so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh and chase does not look like he is wearing the proper safety equipment for welding. you needed mike there to teach him safety first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. i love spencer's smile in all his pics. makes me smile. and tyler is impressed with chase's skills. and i want a cat. and i think your kids are cute. and i miss them.
    holly.

    ReplyDelete