Sunday, July 24, 2011

Happy Sewing Birthdays!

This year, my mother-in-law announced, that for her daughters, and my birthday, we were going to make quilts.  She was going to buy the fabric and we would make this really cute quilt together.  We picked a date in June, and we all went to Sandpoint to sew for the weekend.  I know that may not sound like a fun-filled way to spend the weekend, but I have some pretty great in-laws, and it turned out to be pretty fun.

To start the weekend out, we got the sewing machines, iron, rotary cutters, and material out.  Phoebes top priority was wearing the ugliest sweater she could find, and assembling the TV, so we could watch Harry Potter.  And yes, we watched every single Harry Potter movie...


We had some super cute fabric to work with.


My first job was ironing.  Look how much fun I'm having!


Ali, was the super cutter.


and Joan was just happy to be there!


Well, that's all the pictures I have.  We sewed for 3 days straight!  I didn't finish my quilt, but I did get all my squared cut out, and some of them sewn together.  I'll take a picture of it when I get it done. 

Thanks Mother Evans for the quilt, and for the fun weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. I didn't take any pictures! I would love copies. What a fun time!

    ReplyDelete