Sunday, June 19, 2011

Weekend Campout

Friday afternoon, Matt called me, and told me that he was going to take the kids camping.
I thought," what a great idea", and "what a great dad Matt is."

So when he got home from work, he parked the trailer in the empty lot across the street from our house.  Then we thought, "whats camping without a camp fire".  Last week we bought a portable fire pit.  So while Matt assembled it, I went looking for firewood (in dumpsters).

When I got back with the wood, this is what I saw...


Yes, this is our campsite.  Matt put the fire pit, on the side of the road, with lawn chairs around it.  I was just a "little" bit embarrassed.   It was pretty white trash!


We got a fire going, and while we were waiting for it to die down a bit, one of our neighbours drove by.  I told her, and her kids to come and join us for a campfire.  They came out, and we  had a great time!  After a little while another neighbour drove by, and they came out too.  Pretty soon, we had almost all of our neighbours, out on the street, for a fire.


It turned out to be a really fun night.  We put the kids to bed, in the trailer.  And the rest of us stayed up chatting.  It was really great getting to know our neighbours. I'm glad I live in a town, that doesn't frown upon little gatherings like that! I think we might have to make this a tradition!



5 comments:

  1. Wait a second...when did you get a trailer?!?!?! I love the "campsite"...hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why are you so fun? My kids want to move in with you. Permanently.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's seriously so rad, and so WT. I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it! I think that looks so fun. and don't worry, i don't think it looks wt at all. I also love the tie and that matt is such a good sport. tracie

    ReplyDelete
  5. that really is so fun! a little impromptu block party!

    ReplyDelete